Monday, March 1, 2010

Remember, Fall Down on Your Side!

The boys went ice skating for the first time over the weekend.  Tim and I were unsure if we were able to skate ourselves much less scoot them around on their skates!  Luckily for me I had to watch Noah so Tim took each one on the ice solo first.  If it was up to my they all would have worn helmets, pads, and metal gloves of some sort, but we came unprepared.  Not even mittens to keep their tiny fingers warm!


Logan was afraid of falling but picked it up pretty well.  He fell a few times and got his pants all wet!

 

Lincoln was quicker at picking up the lessons.  


Nathan needed lots of help but he had of fun!


Poor Tim, he even got on the ice with all 3 of them at one point.  They all loved it!  

Here are some tips they gave us before we stepped onto the ice:
  1. Keep your knees slightly bent
  2. If you think you're gonna fall, put your hands on your knees
  3. If you fall, fall on your side
  4. When you get up, ball your hand into a fist and push yourself up
  5. Have fun!


On the way to school this morning Lincoln said "When I grow up big, I will ice skate all by myself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment