I made a stop at one of my favorite shops, Williams Sonoma, the other day and picked up a few items. I haven't been there in a long while, because honesty - I haven't really cooked in a long while! To my surprise there were a lot of new and interesting items - a line from Thomas Keller called Ad Hoc and a few starter sauces from Williams Sonoma. I picked up this Classic Meatloaf starter since I'm always looking for a great meatloaf recipie. The directions were pretty simple:
Add three eggs
1 1/4 Cup of bread crumbs and 2 pounds of meat.
I even covered mine in bacon because I'm such a bacon fanatic. Plus the bacon holds in the juices and makes the meatloaf moist. Isn't bacon the best!
It looked pretty good on the outside, but the meat wasn't as tight as I'd like it to be. It crumbled pretty easily, making it a bit tough to cut. I also wasn't very impressed with the flavor - too tangy and bold. Needless to say, I won't be trying this again - nor recommending this to anyone.
On a side note...I often get asked, how do you have time to do this or that? I love to craft, cook and bake and often I don't have time but I just do it -
the house is a mess and the kids are running amuck but in the end it works out. I decided to take a snapshot of Noah as I was making the meatloaf - he was following me around in his walker begging for me to take him out. He wasn't happy
but every time I would point the camera at him he would smile.
So I can't truly show you what goes on behind the scenes...maybe another day. This was as close as I could get to him going crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment