Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Joys of Motherhood

Six years ago my life was carefree... no one to worry about but myself - and Tim of course.  We would fly to Vegas on a whim, eat whenever we felt, and went to bed in the wee hours of the morning.  Life was great, then we started having babies, and more babies, and more and more.  Now... life is perfect.

There are a couple of things that I was not prepared for during my journey into motherhood.  Here is my list of things that I never thought I would ever do or even imagine doing...

  • I catch vomit with my hands - because I would rather it be on my hands than on the floors, furniture or the baby's clothes.  Heaven knows I can only change his clothes no more than 3 times in a hour!
  • I sit on a wet toilet seat at least once a day - in my own house!  
  • Pick someone else's nose better than my own
  • Know the lyrics to Yo-Gabba-Gabba, Dora, and The Backyardigans
  • Clean pee off the walls
  • Clean poop off the walls
  • Play hide-and-go seek to someone who is standing right in front of me with only their eyes closed
Crazy right?  But every night when I go back to bed, I'll look back at the day and all its chaos and just laugh.  These are some of the moments that I will miss and remember when they get older.  Life's funny like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment